Location: Rural Kenya
Vehicle and Logistics Associate at One Acre Fund in Rural Kenya – Kenya Jobs, Careers and Vacancies
VEHICLE AND LOGISTICS ASSOCIATE
Job Location: Rural Kenya
Commitment: Long term career position
Industry: Non-profit / International Development
Function: Support and Maintenance
One Acre Fund is a growing NGO in Kenya, Rwanda, and Burundi that is innovating a new way of helping farm families to achieve their full potential. One Acre invests in farmers to generate a permanent gain in farm income. We provide farmers with a “market bundle” that includes education, finance, seed and fertilizer, and market access. Our program is proven impactful – every year, we weigh thousands of harvests and measure more than 100% average gain in farm income per acre. We are growing quickly. In six years, we have grown to serve 75,000 farm families with more than 500 full-time field staff.
We are looking for an individual with significant experience as a practicing mechanic to provide outstanding vehicle maintenance for One Acre Fund’s fleet, as well as to provide assistance to the logistics department.
Primary role: to provide timely, safe, and cost effective repairs and preventive maintenance of fleet equipment. Secondary role: to perform logistics tasks as requested by the logistics department.
Primary Role: Vehicle Fleet Manager
Your primary role will be to maintain our fleet of vehicles
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and complete repairs on all types of vehicles.
- Perform preventative maintenance in fleet.
- Keep vehicle repair and maintenance histories
- Keep vehicle repair and maintenance budget
- Perform daily cosmetic checks on vehicles
- Procure genuine parts at competitive prices, subject to biannual external audits
- Establish and maintain a repair booking procedure
- Ensure repairs are carried out with minimal disruption to operations
- Keep accurate service records
- Ensure cars are properly insured and licenses renewed in good time
- Pick up and deliver vehicles
Secondary Role: Logistics Associate
Your secondary role will be to perform logistics tasks as requested by the logistics department.
- You will assist in Warehousing at the NCPB
- You will assist in Agricultural Support Unit
- You will facilitate the disbursement of input and incentives together with the logistic team
- You will facilitate deliveries in special projects
- You will perform any other official duties as required by your supervisor
Critical Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- At least three years as a practising mechanic
- Must be a competent driver with a valid driving licence
- Demonstrated mechanical and technical aptitude
- Minimum of 2 years related work experience in maintaining fleet vehicles.
- Experience working with 4?4s and logistics vehicles.
- Gasoline, diesel and propane vehicle experience preferred
- Experience in a leadership or management role
- Must have orientation towards customer service and safety
- Have exceptional proactive problem solving skills
- Exceptional communication skills
- Exceptional punctuality and timeliness
- Able to handle multiple priorities and effectively communicate issues to supervisor and customers
- Positively motivates self and others and promotes teamwork; develops team members
- Must have demonstrated experience in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must live in, or be willing to relocate to, Bungoma – Western Kenya.
- Post-secondary certification in Logistics, procurement or any relevant field.
- Minimum of Certificate qualification in Vehicle Mechanics.
- Certificate in basic computer studies
Career Growth and Development – One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through weekly.
Timeline: Resumes should be submitted by April 28th 2012
Compensation: Competitive Salary with Performance Based Incentives
Benefits: NSSF and NHIF, airtime and transportation allowances
Career Development: Twice Annual career reviews and constant feedback. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development.
One Acre Fund is an equal opportunity employer.
To Apply: Email Cover letter and Resume
To email@example.com (Subject line: Vehicle and Logistics Associate + the place you heard of the position) and include salary expectations