Position: Warehouse Supervisor
Reporting To: Supply Chain Manager
Supervises: Stores Staff
Salary: 20,000 – 25,000
Job Objective / Summary
Responsible for the maintenance of maximum and minimum stocks, and for the operation of the dispatch store
Description of Duties
- Coordinate all dispatch activities including stores assistant, drivers, loaders, engaged in loading
- Plan routes and schedules drivers, vehicles, deliveries and pick-ups based on customer needs, current delivery schedule and availability of supplies and ensure overtime is not abused
- Oversee loading and dispatching of trucks.
- Study production schedules and estimates worker-hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
- Ensure minimum stock levels are maintained at all times
- Ensure that cost reduction measures are adhered to as far as purchasing is concerned
- Ensuring that dispatch procedures and policies are adhered to by the user departments
- To carry out any other duties that may be assigned to you by the Management from time to time
- A minimum of a Diploma in Warehouse /stores management
- Computer skills
- 4 years progressive working experience in FMCG firm
- Good communications skills
- Excellent negotiating skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience in stores mgt
- Well organised
- Analytical problem solving
- Quantity: targets must be met or exceeded
- Quality: Must be met
- Accuracy: Of utmost importance in all operations
- Time: All assignments and operations must be done on time
- Cost: Ensure Minimization of costs
- Respond appropriately to environmental and safety hazards and function effectively in emergencies.
- Utilize company systems effectively to ensure economical use of equipment and supplies.
- Perform a variety of duties often changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Maintain effective communication with your colleagues, both junior and senior
- Accept responsibility for the direction, control and planning of an activity
- Work independently
- Relate to others in a manner that creates a sense of teamwork and co-operation
or copy the link