Understanding your rights and responsibilities as a Hotjobs Kenya user
Protect your personal information by never providing your bank details, or any other personal identification that is not work related to prospective employers.
This page states the terms and conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”) under which you may use Hotjobs Kenya.com (the “Web Site”). Please read this page carefully. If you do not accept the Terms and Conditions stated here, you may not use this Web Site and service. By using this Web Site, you are indicating your acceptance to be bound by the terms of these Terms and Conditions. Hotjobskenya. and its affiliated companies (“Surflinks”) may revise these Terms and Conditions at any time by updating this posting. You should visit this page periodically to review the Terms and Conditions because they are binding on you. The terms “You” and “User” as used herein refer to all individuals and/or entities accessing this Web Site for any reason.
You must be the age of majority as defined by Nigerian laws, to visit or use the Web Site in any manner. By visiting the Web Site or accepting these Terms, You represent and warrant to Hotjobskenya that You have reached the age of majority in Nigeria and that You have the right, authority and capacity to agree to and abide by these Terms, You also represent and warrant to Hotjobskenya that You will use the Web Site in a manner consistent with any and all applicable laws and regulations in Nigeria
General Use Rules.
The Site is intended for individuals seeking employment and for employers or recruiters seeking candidates for employment. You may use this Site only for lawful purposes within the stated context of Hotjobskenya’s intended and acceptable use of the Site.Hotjobskenya is the sole interpreter of the Site’s intended and acceptable use
Use of Web Content:
General Rules: Users may not use the Web Site in order to display, transmit, distribute, store or destroy material including, without limitation, Web Site Content, (a) in violation of Nigerian law or any applicable law or regulation in your country, (b) in a manner that will infringe the copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property rights of others or violate the privacy, publicity or other personal rights of others or (c) that is, or may in our judgement be, defamatory, offensive, vulgar, obscene, harassing, threatening, abusive or hateful, racist, sexist, discriminatory, of a menacing character or cause annoyance, inconvenience, embarrassment or anxiety to any person.
Users are also prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of this website including, without limitation, (a) accessing data not intended for such user or logging into a server or account which the user is not authorised to access, (b) attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorisation, (c) attempting to interfere with service to any user, host or network including, without limitation, via means of submitting a virus to any Hotjobskenya Site, overloading, “flooding”, “spamming”, “mailbombing” or “crashing”, or (d) forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or newsgroup posting. Violations of system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability. Surflinks will investigate occurrences which may involve such violations and may involve, and co-operate with, law enforcement authorities in prosecuting users who are involved in such violations.
Hotjobskenya only operates as a venue and not a recruitment agency
Jobseekers and employers need to be recognise the fact this job website operates as a venue only and does not introduce or supply work-seekers to recruiters (or vice versa). This means that Hotjobskenya does not:
- obtain confirmation of the identity of a work-seeker or that they have the experience, training, qualifications or authorisation to work in the position to be filled or that they wish to undertake the role to be filled;
- take any steps to ensure the work-seeker and recruiter are each aware of any requirement imposed by law or otherwise which must be satisfied by either of them to permit the work-seeker to fulfil the position to be filled;
- take any steps to ensure that it would not be detrimental to the interests of the work-seeker or the recruiter for the work-seeker to fulfil the position to be fulfilled;
- give any indication to recruiters whether work-seekers are unsuitable (or suitable) for any position to be filled in any circumstances;
- propose work-seekers to recruiters or provide any information about them.
- take up any references in relation to a work-seeker; or
- make any arrangements for accommodation of work-seekers.
- obtain sufficient information for potential recruiters to select a suitable work-seeker for the position which the employer seeks to fill